Saturday, July 26, 2008

Midwestern man shoots mower, voids warranty

Midwestern man shoots mower, voids warranty

A 56-year-old man from the Wisconsin has been arrested after shooting his "Lawn-Boy" mower because it would not start.

Keith Walendowski told plice he shot his lawnmower because it was not working
Keith Walendowski told police he shot his lawnmower because it was not working Photo: AP

"I can do that," Keith Walendowski told Milwaukee police after his arrest. "It’s my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want."

Police charged Mr Walendowski with possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and disorderly conduct.

He could face a fine of up to $11,000 and six years and three months in prison, if convicted.

A woman who lives with Mr Walendowski told police he had been drinking, according to the complaint.

Police arrested Mr Walendowski in his basement and recovered a shotgun, shells, a handgun and also a stun gun at the home.

Mr Walendowski said he would tell police "the truth," according to the complaint.

"I got pissed because my lawn mower wouldn’t start, so I got my shotgun and shot it," he said.

As for the mower, a local retailer said the gunshot damage could make its repair unlikely.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," Dick Wagner of Wagner’s Garden Mart told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

No comments: